Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas Dinner (a couple of days early)

So we celebrated Christmas a little early this year because my brother, Ryan (not Kaden of course) was getting married on the 26th on the east coast. Matthew and I had the honor of hosting Christmas Dinner at our apartment this year. Matthew's mother, father and sister drove in from Fresno and my dad and stepmom came up from Monterey loaded with yummy foods. Matthew spent the whole day cooking a fabulous dinner and I took care of baking the traditional holiday sweets. After dinner the ladies, armed with coffee and cookies headed to the living room to watch It's a Wonderful Life, but ended up chatting away the night instead. Meanwhile, our fathers sat down with their own drinks and played a couple of games of chess, which was a special treat for my dad because neither my stepmom or I play chess.

My dad an stepmom then headed back home and the rest of us all snuggled down for a goodnight's sleep. The next morning Matthew's mother made a beautiful breakfast and we exchanged gifts...it was just like Christmas!

No comments: